Using a proprietary and innovative self-cooling technology, Ecodyst has revolutionized the rotovap to be more efficient, to have a smaller footprint, to have greater output, and to be less costly to operate as compared with traditional methods. This disruptive technology has set new standards worldwide for rotary evaporators.
The proprietary modern intelligent self-cooling technology from Ecodyst boosts productivity and prevents downtime. Its refrigerated cooling condenser offers a paradigm shift and sets a new benchmark for cooling down specimens without the use of standard coolants, like glycol, dry ice, or water, thus preventing the significant sources of material waste linked to conventional rotovaps.
- Small footprint
- Smart self-cooling condenser with chemically resistant coils and a huge surface area
- Condenser is always available and eliminates recirculating chiller, antifreeze, dry ice, and water
- Faster rates of evaporation than traditional rotary evaporators
- No associated operational expenses
- Pays for itself within three to five years
- Eco-friendly energy efficiency
- Digital display of rotation speed, cooling and heating temperatures enables optimal control of all distillation procedures
- Remote function enables data transmission and PC control
- Automatic motor lift transports the evaporating flask to a secured position in the event of power failure
- Overheating protection temperature at 220 °C
- Ejection mechanism makes it easy to remove the evaporating flask
- Water/oil heating mode can be altered only through a switch
- Highly chemical-resistant double stainless steel spring sealing ring sealed with PTFE offers a superior sealing performance
- Dimensions (approx.) – 17.75″ L x 16.25″ W x 29″ H
- Weight – 120lbs
- Total power usage – 1400 watts
- Voltage – 100-120/200-240V, 50-60Hz
- Two standard 115V (or one 230V) plugs
- EcoChyll cooling capacity – See Hydrogen brochure
- EcoChyll minimum temperature – -40°C
- Display – LCD
- Motor Type – Brushless DC motor
- Heating bath maximum temperature – Room temperature to 180°C
- Heating power – 1300watts
- Heating bath volume – 5L
- Temperature control accuracy – Water +/- 1°C, oil +/- 3°C
- Rotational drive – 20 to 280rpm, clockwise and anti-clockwise
- USB interface – Yes
- Timer – Yes, 1 to 999min
- Protection class – IP20, IP21
- Permissable ambient temperature – 5 to 40°C
- Permissable relative humidity – 80% RH
- Metal parts – Stainless steel 316
- Glass parts – Borosilicate glass
- Condensation coils – coated with chemically-resistant fluoropolymer Halar
- Warranty** – Two-Years Manufacturer (includes parts & labor, excludes all glass components)
Training and Service
We are committed to the highest levels of service before, during, and after a sale.
When COVID passes, Ecodyst will offer professional on-site installation and training. For the time being, we offer virtual installation and training via video conference.
We are available at normal business hours in Eastern Standard Time to help diagnose, solve, and if necessary, overnight replacement parts to you. Our first priority is that you never experience any downtime.
For more information on the product either message the Vendor directly or contact them through their contact form here
2 reviews for The Hydrogen – Ecodyst’s all-in-one rotary evaporator
The all in one aspect makes for an incredibly fast prep time, only took around 7 minutes before arriving at selected temperature (-10c) compared to our previous one which seemed to take an age. The energy saving aspect was also a big pull for us as our lab has several sustainability goals we hope to hit by 2023 and this uses around half the electricity our previous one did. Finally, the Ecodyst team are small outfit and incredibly eager to help customers. Queries, product help and the general purchasing process were all incredibly quick and efficient.
Not only the best rotary evaporation unit in the cosmos, best customer service of any product I have purchased!